Berlin on a Budget! 13 Awesome, Cheap and Free Activities (That Are Also Fun)
The Best Things To Do In Berlin
Berlin is not your typical European vacation destination: wonders abound for the cash-strapped traveller! Take the time to indulge your curiosity, explore and discover just some of the cheap or free activities that Berlin has to offer.
Best of all, these activities all look great in photos!
- Walk alongside the remains of the Berlin Wall, including the one-mile stretch, the East Side Gallery.
- Get off-the-beaten track in Berlin by wandering through Tiergarten or Museumsinsel.
- Hire a bicycle and see both the East and West side of the city on two wheels.
- Make your own list of the best spots to kiss Berlin.
- Have a picnic in the Grunewald forest, or explore it by foot, bicycle or horseback.
- Visit the Sunday flea market in the Mauerpark.
- See the city in panorama from the roof of the Reichstag, home of the German parliament (registration in advance).
- Go bargain shopping – there are lots of great vintage stores in Berlin.
- Have a walk along the Spree river.
- Indulge in some currywurst , eaten on the streetside.
- Stroll around the Charolottenburg gardens.
- Have a picnic in Tempelhof park.
- Bring a beer, and perhaps a musical instrument, and explore some of Berlin’s bridges, such as the Admiralbrücke, Kottbusser Brücke, Thielenbrücke, Modersohnbrücke, Warschauer Brücke or Monbijoubrücken.
Tags: Berlin, Cheap, Germany, Inspiration, Things To Do