Ten Reasons Why Being A Paris Photographer Is The Best Job Ever
1. There’s no shortage of amazing photo spots
I mean No. Shortage. There are stunning iconic monuments like the Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame, quaint cafes, stunning squares, luxurious gardens, and then sometimes you’ll just turn a corner on a street somewhere and discover an amazing courtyard, picture-perfect postcard setting or three hundred year old work of art. All of them just waiting for someone to stand amongst all that.
2. People on vacation are such happy people to photograph
No stress! Most people on vacation are just so happy to be here, and it shows in every photo.
3. People often get really dressed up, which looks great in photos
And you can think.. really dressed up. Ballgowns and feathers and huge swathes of fabric are nothing unusual.
4. Even when people don’t get dressed up, they still look amazing… because it’s Paris.
See point #1. Every corner of Paris is stunning in its own way. You could walk along the Seine in flip flops and you’d probably still look like you were making a fashion statement.
5. While some photo spots are like freeways, you can literally walk around the corner and find a just-as-amazing spot with nobody there.
Bir Hakeim Bridge is pretty crazy with brides billowing beneath the raised metro line, and Trocadero is a photographer bun fight from the moment the sun rises. But take the five minute walk between them, and you won’t see a single soul. It’s so easy to get your own space in a Paris photo.
6. Winter is just as pretty as summer, but for different reasons
Pick a favourite. Summer with its blue skies. But, but.. spring, with its profusions of flowers. And winter, with all the leaves gone, all gray and moody and European. And don’t even let us state the obvious about the colours of autumn/fall… the point is, it’s impossible to say when is prettier. It all looks amazing in photos.
7. Couples are often there on honeymoons or pre-wedding shoots or to PROPOSE! Romantic photos = instant feel-good.
And all lovey and kissing and looking like a postcard-perfect romantic Paris photo.
8. Being a vacation photographer is like making new friends every day
You just walk around the city and chat and show them the places you like – and then give them some beautiful memories after. It’s literally that fun.
9. Inspiration is everywhere around you – literally everywhere.
Ok we’re back to point #1. You will never find a bad photo spot in Paris. Got it?
10. When the job is done, you can go and have a hot chocolate and just enjoy being a photographer in Paris.
Tags: Inspiration, Paris, Paris Photographer